Friday, November 27, 2015



Emily Winters

“Help Me to Feel”


I don’t want to write about me.
Me is such an overrated, wrung out thing
A sleep-deprived word
In a stern and unsmiling world.
A world of satire
Of making fun of serious things
All to urge the movement into motion,
All to fund the hopeless
Love potion
All to inflame the passion
Of a hopelessly detached people.

I don’t want to write about love,
The biggest lie of them all.
I don’t want to talk about
Whispered insincerity
And blooming sunsets enveloping the sky,
Casting the rolling fields in rosy light.
I don’t want to talk about
Giving up the fight,
Suicidal fantasies,
Twisting and morbidly beautiful daydreams…
Words about eternal sleep
To appease the riots and tumbling seas.

Tell me about the spring,
Show me the autumn –
Let me know that you’re real;
That someone out there
Can make me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment