Friday, October 21, 2016

Emily Winters          
“Thee and Me”


I can feel your sudden inhale
Sharp intake of breath
The gooseflesh that ripples from beneath my
Fingertips – the epicenter of all the madness.
I can feel as your stomach draws away
(come back) Surprised confused enthralled
So this is touch


Light footsteps outside the door on the
Windowpane across my spine
Through my veins more simply
More.
Perpetual ache an emptiness that feels when
I stand in the midst of this vacant page
Insatiable. But then you touch me and
The pain fades


And I lose myself and I lose sight of, track of
My life everything I’m “supposed” to want
To need. You were never intended
To fit the spaces your curves meet my
Absences crevices are deep and yearning to
Be full to feel completion
For once
For once in my life.


They say the best things in life were
Never planned. Who is to say that somewhere,
There wasn’t a plan a blueprint for all the
Hearts a list to check (check twice) to see
Who will always be alone or if you
And I
Were simply meant to be?


                                           (do you believe in fate
                          dear Brutus)


I only believe in constellations when
Your lips smother me cover me with so much
Goodness that I feel as if I will crack
Chip and fall down beneath the weight
Of a galaxy suspended around us,
Moving moving and I feel as if we’ll
Simply blow away like the sands of time
Beneath the ecstasy of
Thee and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment