Friday, February 26, 2016



Emily Winters                                                                                                                 

“The Method Actor and Me”

Satin sheets
Fast cars
Kneeling monks
And holy stars

Emotion layered like scarves
Around the neck,
Around the heart
Buried deep
The meaning of truth
The meaning of what I am

Golden doors at the top
Of a hill
Burning holes in aged film
Graying around the edges:
People
Cities
Pictures
Eyes
And the sky
It’s the feeling
That one gets
Near a spirit that really knows
How to fly
I know her
Because she knows how to be
How to soar
How to make it in a frost-bitten world

There’s a method
To this madness
An endless supply of oxygen
The boundless supply of pills
Shades that match a rainbow:
A pill for the sea
A pill for the green-fields
A pill to put the sun inside of me
And maybe then I’ll get some sleep

There’s a shadow
Lurking around my daydream
There’s a flash illuminating my body
Revealing my bones
Making my skin crawl.
There’s a noose around my neck
Yet still I wander free
Free to see
What they could never see
The thing they ignore
For want of imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment